Saturday, March 7, 2009

What to do and what to eat?!!!

Every person liberate the stress in different ways. In the last post drugs and alcohol, we recognize that this is not the healthy way to deal with your problem but is the most used. We can find something that we like for relax our selves for example: When I'm understress or sad or mad i like to:
  • Write (poems, songs, though)
  • Go walk
  • Sing
  • Go outside breath fresh air
  • Play some sports (volleyball, baseball, basketball etc)

But some times I like to eat a lot of food and candies and this is not a healthy choice. Many people use the food (junk food) to calm down and this is bad for your health, body and mind. So I look about healthy relaxing foods and these is what I found:

Eat foods high in tryptophan
This amino acid helps the brain produce serotonin - a chemical that calms you down, and melatonin - a hormone that can make you sleepy. This means it's not only great for relaxing, it's also a natural sleep aid and can help with depression and seasonal affective disorder.

Try: Milk, Chiken, Eggs, Nuts, Rice and Cheese in particular Cheddar, Gruyere, and Swiss.

Healthier options: Turkey, Beans, Fish, Cottage and Ricotta cheese.

Eat foods that are high in carbohydrates
Eating a high-carbohydrate meal, about two hours before bedtime, will immediately increase the levels of serotonin in your brain.

Try: Potatoes, Cakes & Desserts, Ice-Cream and Chocolate.

Healthier options: Pasta, Cereal, Figs and Honey.

For more information you can visit: http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/food/175395/Foods-to-help-you-relax

3 comments:

  1. I thought this blog was very helpful in giving us ways to handle stress and what to eat. Usually when I am stressed out I try to go to the gym and just take my anger and frustration out there. A lot of people when they are stressed out tend not to eat due to the fact they feel they have no chance to. After reading this blog i realize how important certain foods are to help you handle your stress

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your blog and how certain foods can actually calm you down and help reduce the stress in your life. When I am stressed other than playing basketball or cleaning (basically something productive..but I never really thought certains foods could help. Very enlightening post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew certain foods could help calm you down and reduce stress. Very interesting information. I find myself stressing out alot and i figured the only way to relax was to do something besides what's stressing you out. I'll be sure to make sure i have some of those food around at all times now!!

    ReplyDelete